Monday, February 16, 2009

Bronchitis is holding Aaron hostage

My Sweetie Pie has bronchitis. What a true bummer. He hacks all night, so he has been sleeping on the couch so that I can sleep. There is some love for ya, huh? He seems to be finally getting better though! Thanks to prayers, antibiotics, probiotics, and lots of orange juice and movies.
I've been busy with work. Really busy with work, which is a great wonderful thing when 1.)you love your job and 2.)the economy is down.

I had a couple crabby days this week. The contrast of my crabbiness and my mushy love for love stories is a great reminder that the health and happiness of our marriage doesn't rest on either of our emotions. I love the cute sweet stuff, but true love is beyond us, which is so amazing. {Everyday} I am reminded that our marriage is glued together by something much bigger (and better) than our sentimental love. I believe God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
"...he is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers..." (from the first psalm)
Do you feel like your marriage is like that tree? Do you feel like your life is like that tree? Are you sustained by a reliable and revitalizing stream? My desire is that "aaron & michelle uher" is that awesome happy tree whose livelihood is sourced from the Truth.
Anyway,
I hope you all had a Happy, Sweet Valentine's Day! Aaron and I love Indian food, but we were too broke (and he, too sick) to head out to our favorite Indian restaurant. Sooooo, we got our Punjabi on, baby! Don't worry, in a family friendly way.
Mmmm, together we dished out homemade Chicken Tikka Masala, aromatic rice, and something like saag paneer.
Geeez, seriously, it was awesome. Next time you have a craving for Indian food, forget the local Indian restaurant and come on over to the Uhers'. Now, here are some pictures of our faces for you! Enjoy!

-michelle






2 comments:

  1. ah man, i had a similar illness last year & coughing through the night is the worst... I feel Aaron's pain.

    on the subject of Indian Food - check this out: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/red-kidney-bean-curry/

    I too feel so thankful that the health and happiness of the Ladick marriage doesn't rest on simple emotions but is held together (and constantly renewed) by Him.... something so so much stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo very exciting. I feel like I have been waiting my whole life for you to bless the blog world. HERE YOU ARE!!! Yipeee! Keep the posts coming, they are awesome and increadibly sweet. I love, your love month:)

    ReplyDelete