Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who knew Filipinos sun-burned?!

And now, here I am, sneaking trips to the beach in between clients. Who knew filipinos could burn?
This is a new thing for me. I know, I know, I am only 28 and I don't have any strange fixations on turning 30. Not yet, anyhow. But my once resilient & bronzed, lather-me-with coconut oil baby!, sun loving skin is now enemies with the sun. Seriously. Genes-shmenes. Forget the tropical ancestory, my white boy father's heritage is taking over in my body. I am red and I am burning. Oh, and those little lines long the bathing suit, c'mon ladies, you know what I am talking about. Geez, I experienced a whole new burn during 6 a.m. spin class today.
So, the beach. I am pretty astonished by the beach. My recent observations have convinced me that our residency near the beach will last as long as we don't have children.
Once that test reads yes, so does the go ahead and begin packing the bags and hiking deep into the mountains. Safe and COLD and no need to 'dress down for the weather'.
No way in heck do I plan on having a beach babe daughter. (or beach babe watching son)
Yesterday, I was laying out on my back, neck craned up and forward and realize I am definitely the biddy of the beach. I reach for my glasses: undercover, now those highschoolers are unaware of my watchful eye. I mean, really, I don't mean to boast, but I don't recall flaunting my bootie like that!

1 comment:

  1. the day you leave us I will cry. i want to have babies growing up together, so you can't leave!

    ReplyDelete