Friday, December 11, 2009

MmmMmmMmm...Raw Pecan Pie

Howdy Friends!

Tis' the season to make, bake, & eat sweets. Right? It's virtually everywhere: work parties, church parties, friend's parties, grocery store samples, gifts from neighbors or co-workers. How about those cookie parties that leave you hauling home 6 dozen cookies!! Holey Moley! Just about any social gathering is laiden with delectable morsels to nibble on...all night long!
Now, I am sure you don't want to, but consider the sugar that each bite of deliciousness is laden with.
White sugar, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners. These sugars are wreaking HAVOC on our bodies!
Now don't get me wrong. You all know I love to bake! There is something comforting about enjoying a delicious dessert this time of year.
As for me, baking is almost cathartic. I enjoy the process even more than eating the finished product!

Recently, I have been dabbling with raw desserts. Why?
Each bite is nutrient dense and not weighed down with a combination of ingredients that are "empty calories' and/or are difficult for our systems to process.
My sweeteners of choice are: Maple Syrup, Agave Nectar, Raw Honey, Raw Sugar, & Stevia.
This recipe was taken from Kimberly Snyder. I enhanced it a little bit...but, uh...haha, I forgot how. I think I just added coconut. I recommend trying it. You can go to Kimberly's blog for the recipe!


-michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment