Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Run, Acai, Run.

I took these photos about a month ago with the intention of posting this lil' recipe I like. But you know me!
I was reminded to post the recipe since this was my post run-with-Moses snack today.
Anyway, this is a yummy smoothie I enjoy as a mid day snack or breakfast if I don't have much time to cook.
FYI, I usually 'eyeball' the measurement of my ingredients-so I apologize for the lack of specified measurements.
I start with a base of Almond Milk. (you can use whatever milk you choose-even plain water or coconut water)
Next I add, 1 organic unsweetened Acai smoothie packet (p.s. you local folks, acai smoothie packets are on sale at Henry's until 3.10.10), a banana, blueberries (i like mine frozen), and a scoop of my preferred protein powder.

Blend.
Pour.
Admire.



The sweetness from the banana is usually enough. Sometimes I might add just A TOUCH of raw honey or agave nectar, but not usually. I have even added almond butter if I needed a lil more somethin' to the smoothie. Experiment with different fruit combinations and base liquids. My buddy Sarah and I got Acai smoothies at Swami's and they put bee pollen and shredded coconut atop their smoothies. I loved the added texture.
Anyway, let me know how yours turns out!

Enjoy!


Insert glass of Acai smoothie here.
----->

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a great recipe. i love that striped shirt on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the powder made of? more than just berries? I'm skeptical of powder mixes but if you say it's good, it must be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am a lil' confused by your questions Nicole. Are you referring to the protein? The Acai packet is not powdered. It is just the frozen berry with a stabilizer. But it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaah, okay, when you said "packet" I assumed it was a powder. cool, that makes more sense!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, yeah, just berries and powder sounds gross. And I agree with the powders. I am also skeptical about using too many powders. =)

    ReplyDelete